Photo by Timothy Nwachukwu/Getty Images
On September 18, we found out that the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) approved the Colorado Rapids plan to reopen Dick’s Sporting Goods Park during phase two of the MLS regular season. Today, the club announced the specifics.
“The health and safety of our supporters has been our main priority since we first began working with local health authorities and government officials to explore the possibility of hosting fans again,” said Pádraig Smith, Colorado Rapids Executive VP & General Manager. “We’re excited to be able to welcome them back to DICK’S Sporting Goods Park and count on their support as our team enters a crucial run of games in search of a playoff spot.”
Games that will be open to fans include:
- Wednesday, October 7 vs. Los Angeles Football Club (7 p.m. MT)
- Saturday October 10 vs. LA Galaxy (5 p.m. MT)
- Sunday, October 18 vs. Real Salt Lake (7 p.m. MT)
- Sunday, November 1 vs. Seattle Sounders FC (7 p.m. MT)
You can read everything here, but the highlights are summarized below:
- Rapids Season Ticket Members will have first dibs on tickets on Friday, September 25th. Any remaining tickets will be available to the general public on Friday, October 2. Sign up for the single-game priority list to get first access when tickets are made available to the general public (if there are any left). A maximum of 1,165 fans is allowed.
- Tickets will be sold in blocks of 2, 4, and 6 seats and blocks will be at least six feet from other groups.
- There will be many health and safety precautions in place, including requiring face coverings, no tailgates or congregating, 100% cashless concessions, assigned gate entry and parking lot based on seating location, hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the stadium.
- Restrooms have been modified to follow social distancing guidelines and concessions will have will have a pre-determined maximum line length with six-foot distance markers.