Did not practice: Tight end Austin Fort (knee, seventh missed practice), WR Juwann Winfree (groin, fourth), TE Nick Vannett (concussion protocol, third), WR KJ Hamler (hamstring, second), ILB Todd Davis (calf, first), OLB Von Miller (elbow, first) and RB Melvin Gordon (ribs, first).
RT Elijah Wilkinson rolled his ankle while blocking OLB Malik Reed in team work and did not finish practice (replaced by Calvin Anderson).
During a hurry-up period for the first-team offense, WR Tim Patrick made a fine catch at the front pylon of the end zone with CB A.J. Bouye in tight coverage.
Shortened practice. Working for the sixth consecutive day, coach Vic Fangio could have called for a 2 1/2-hour practice, but ended it at about the 1-hour, 50-minute mark.
Live action. The Broncos finished practice with a “live” goal-line/short-yardage period, but players protected each other and everybody stayed healthy.
ILB Josey Jewell. Replaced last October by Alexander Johnson, Jewell got the first shot in Todd Davis’ spot with the first-team defense.
Odds and ends
- The Broncos practiced in full pads Friday (70 snaps of 11-on-11 work).
- First period of 11-on-11: WR Kendall Hinton dropped QB Jeff Driskel’s second pass. QB Drew Lock had completions to RB Royce Freeman and TE Noah Fant. QB Brett Rypien completed four consecutive passes during his series.
- Second period of 11-on-11: Lock threw only one pass (to RB Phillip Lindsay) during his seven plays.
- Third period of 11-on-11: CB A.J. Bouye had good coverage on WR Courtland Sutton to force s Lock incompletion. On his final play, Lock would have been sacked, but he scrambled and threw side-armed for Sutton, but overshot him and S Justin Simmons intercepted. WR Fred Brown dropped a pass by Driskel.
- Fourth period of 11-on-11: Good stuff from Lock. In a hurry-up situation, the first-team offense ran 12 plays and Lock completed seven passes, including three to Sutton and two to Patrick (one touchdown). Bouye had a pass break-up. Driskel’s hurry-up possession was derailed by a pass break-up by S Trey Marshall and a scramble.
- Highlights from 7-on-7 for Lock: His first pass intended for Sutton was broken up by CB Bryce Callahan and his last pass intended for TE Albert Okwuegbunam was broken up in the end zone by S Justin Simmons. Lock completed passes to WR Jerry Jeudy, WR Tim Patrick (touchdown) and Fant.
- Highlights from 7-on-7 for Driskel and Rypien: Driskel completed four consecutive passes to start his series, including two to TE Jake Butt. Rypien had a completion to Butt and a touchdown pass to Okwuegbunam (S Douglas Coleman in coverage).