There has been plenty of roster movement between NHL teams and the taxi squad on a daily basis this season. Although some major names may be highlighted in separate articles, this is where you’ll find the majority of that shuffle news each day:
- The Chicago Blackhawks announced they have re-assigned forward Mackenzie Entwistle and defenseman Alec Regula were re-assigned to the taxi squad, while the team also assigned goaltender Matt Tompkins to the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL.
- The Detroit Red Wings announced they have recalled forwards Mathias Brome and Joseph Veleno from the taxi squad. Brome has one goal in 24 games this season for Detroit, while Veleno has already made three appearances for the Red Wings, although he has yet to register a point.
- The Montreal Canadiens announced they have assigned forward Ryan Poehling and Alex Belzile from the taxi squad to the Laval Rocket of the AHL. Poehling, who played 21 games for the Canadiens last season, has yet to make his season-debut with Montreal this year. He has 11 goals and 25 points in 28 games with Laval.
- The Vancouver Canucks have recalled forward Jonah Gadjovic from the Utica Comets of the AHL, according to the AHL transactions page. The 22-year-old has had a breakout season in the AHL with a career-high 15 goals in just 19 games.
- After potting his fourth and fifth AHL goals Saturday in just eight games, the Colorado Avalanche have promoted top prospect Alex Newhook to the taxi squad, according to The Athletic’s Peter Baugh. The team also promoted defenseman Dennis Gilbert, goaltender Jonas Johansson and forward Jayson Megna to the taxi squad, according to the AHL transaction page. The team has also assigned goaltender Hunter Miska and forwards Mike Vecchione and Nick Henry to the Colorado Eagles of the AHL.
This page will be updated throughout the day.